Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rockin' the table tops












This past Sunday the Association of Bridal Consultants held an event to raise funds for Dresses That Heal. Which is an amazing breast cancer charity. My part in the event was to participate in the table top design competition.
I was able to hook up with a few of Cincy's greatest girls to make my table top the one that rocked the Contemporary Art Center on this day and that it did. With the help of Katie owner of  Katie Elfers Floral Design (who in my opinion has style and sass  like none other) and Amy Owens owner of Amo-Ink (who, also in my opinion, has amazing style and can create some great art with paper) I created a table that is definitely blog worthy.
So what had originally started out as a "tattoo" style Ed Hardy theme ended up as more of a rock~n~roll type theme in the end. I will say this table was awesome. I loved the fact that I was not using other peoples colors and ideas but this is a table I personally would have at my own wedding.  Anyone who knows me would know that table was me for sure! 
Katie did an a amazing job with the flowers all in deep dramatic reds. Centered was a tall vase filled with a burgundy branchy piece and added in were random roses as well as some ribbon strung black pearls that Katie made and were ridiculously cool. She corset tied some of the vases with a wide black satin ribbon and on others she wrapped a galvanized wire around them. They were amazing. She also filled little black votive holders in various heights with single dark red rose heads, which added to the different varieties of height and drama all around the table. 
 CAC does not allow for any flames therefor I had to do a bit of improvising since I felt that candles were a huge part of this table. I let the candles I intended in using burn down for about 6 hours. Then I took the  LED tea lights and covered them in model magic and stuck them down inside the candle. They looked okay. 
As far as place settings went, I rented the black goblets from All Occasion Rentals. I used a metal charger then placed a black plate with a hammered edge look topped with the amazingly cool menu cards from AMO-INK and topped those with the rolled napkin secured with a wire napkin ring. The silverware was all hammered metal and the linen was a eyelash pin tuck in a pewter color. 
The theme for the event was Urban Chic. I will say that I took it to the next level of Urbanism for sure. It was a kick AZZ table and I welcome any  bride to copy it at their wedding! 
Thanks so much to Pottinger Photography for these amazing photos! We all know my picture taking skillz are just down right crappy.

No comments: